mkm environmental consulting
ASBESTOS SURVEYS & ACP5 FORMS
We are licensed by the city and state of New York to perform Asbestos Inspections and, if applicable, issue an ACP5 form. ACP5 Forms are required by the city of New York for any renovation, demolition, construction project. Any time a material which is considered PACM (Presumed Asbestos Containing Material) will be disturbed, a certified asbestos investigator must perform an asbestos survey. After this inspection is performed, the asbestos investigator files an ACP5 Form with the City of New York to certify that the material being worked on does not contain asbestos, the asbestos to be disturbed is less then 10 square feet or 25 linear feet or the asbestos will not be disturbed.
LEAD BASED PAINT TESTS
Lead is a naturally occurring element found in small amounts in the earth’s crust. While it has some beneficial uses, it can be toxic to humans and animals causing of health effects.
To determine the presence, type, severity, and location of lead-based paint hazards (including lead hazards in paint, dust, and soil) MKM Environmental Consulting preforms an on-site Lead Risk Assessment and/or an Inspection. A risk assessment is an on-site investigation. Risk assessments can be legally performed only by certified risk assessors. Lead-based paint risk assessments are particularly helpful in determining sources of current exposure and in designing possible solutions.
You can also have a combined inspection and risk assessment. With any of these options, MKM will provide you with a written report of findings.
Why should I have my home inspected or assessed for risks?
- Your child has been diagnosed as having lead poisoning. The most common home-based source of lead exposure is deteriorating lead-based paint and the resulting dust.
- You live in a home built before 1978 where small children are or will be living.
- You are about to remodel or do anything that will disturb lead-based paint or generate lead-based paint dust and chips that can harm you and your family.
- You are renting or buying a home. When buying a home, federal law allows the purchaser the opportunity to conduct testing to determine whether lead-based paint or lead-based paint hazards are present. This is especially important if you have (or plan to have) young children in the home. Learn your rights before buying a home.
- You are concerned about possible lead exposure to you, your family and pets, or visitors.
AIR QUALITY TESTING
Most of us spend much of our time indoors. The air that we breathe in our homes, in schools and in offices can put us at risk for health problems. Some pollutants can be chemicals, gases and living organisms like mold and pests. Several sources of air pollution are in homes, schools and offices. Some pollutants cause health problems such as sore eyes, burning in the nose and throat, headaches, or fatigue. Other pollutants cause or worsen allergies, respiratory illnesses (such as asthma), heart disease, cancer and other serious long-term conditions. Sometimes individual pollutants at high concentrations, such as carbon monoxide, cause death. We offer many different Air Quality testing options, it all depends on the customers situation. We can test your home, office or place of work for Asbestos, Lead, Mold, Allergens, Radon, VOC's and much more. Please contact us to discuss which testing will be right for you!
The United States enjoys one of the world's most reliable and safest supplies of drinking water. HOWEVER, Lead in drinking water is still a BIG concern nationwide. Lead enters drinking water primarily through plumbing materials. Exposure to lead may cause health problems ranging from stomach distress to brain damage. Please contact us for a free estimate and to schedule Water Testing!